Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2008, 11:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks Raven Maniac

Darrian,

Thanks for the tip on the Lions. Every since I saw your custom figures of the Lions, I had to go get the metallic blue sapphire. It is electric and it just makes the player look more alive.

Great to be able to take a $.50/$1.00 figure and turn him to these creations. I just finished about 200 more creations for one of my customers in your neck of the woord.

Here are some customs that I created.

Reg
Attached Images

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 01-16-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Oh baby, some nice poses! I'm going to "borrow" those ones. I can't wait to post some more of mine, I'm just not sure which ones I want to use for the upcoming customizing contest.

Hey Reg, you better be clear coating those babies! I really love the way the delta ceramcoat gloss works for the helmets, have you ever tried it? You can apply it thick (or multiple layers) and what it does is it naturally creates a beautiful shiny domed helmet shape. This is useful for when the decal isn't perfectly set down and also is great when the hemet shape of one of the figures has any molding irregulaties. I like the delta ceramcoat semi-gloss for the rest of the figure. I like it SOOO much better than modge podge to protect the figure. I believe that the delta ceramcoat polyurathane coat really cleans up the figure and brings out great highlights of the details (and obviously provides excellent long-life protection as well). I just put the coating on 3 more figures last night and even my wife said, "wow that clearcoat just turned the figures from a B+ to an A+".

I can't wait to talk customizing with you in Feb at the DFW superbowl weekend!
Joe
Old 01-16-2008, 03:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Tried the Ceramacoat

I tried it but for whatever reason, it did not work for me! I will just have to wait til you get here so you can show me first hand. That should be interesting.

Also, I did about 200-300 custom poses for this customer of mine. I could not post all the pics. I will eventually be putting this info on FF.COM but its amazing to see them in person.

You know like I do, the pics never do them justice.

Reg
Old 01-16-2008, 04:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Reg,
Thanks for the eye candy today, it certainly doesn't get old looking at custom poses! I've been under the weather for the last few days but it inspires me to make some new figures tonight. Regarding the final finishes, it all subjective. I've noticed that for me I always like the figure even better after the final application of the delta ceramcoat.

I know first hand what you mean about the closeups not doing em justice. Everytime I get too close up I find "micro flaws" but the reality is that our eyes don't have zoom lenses so sometimes we gotta just back up a bit. I'll save the "micro" level of detail for figures to be used in the MFCA custom figure competition.
Joe
Old 01-16-2008, 04:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hey Reg

Where Do You Get The Crowd Scene In The Background?

Nice Poses
Old 01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Trying to catch up

Reg thank you sir for the kind words, but let's be honest I'm just tryin to catch up to you. Now as far as the customizing I just did the MB3 for my college team and man; you talk about speed on the right base. Look for it in about a month when the whole team is done. So I'll try to catch you and you just keep doing what you're doing. Because it's #1 work. Take care

Darrian
Old 01-30-2008, 11:41 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default de harris pose?

hey reg could you ebuzz me price of that harris pose? thanks jay.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Great FIGURES

Hi Reggie,

Great work. Thanks for the 308 boards. Love mine.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks

Thanks for the kind words and happy that you love your 308.

Reg