Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Coach

Default goal line D

What's a good goal line D?
Old 03-13-2008, 10:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I really can't say what is a good goal line D. Off hand your best bet would be to make sure you have adequate bases tweaked for strength on your DL so they can hold there own against your opponent. Hope this helps.

Coach J
Old 03-13-2008, 11:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

i have had success (mainly against jeff priest ) in goal line with a type of 5-3. jeff still swears that i had 12 or 13 men on the field when i stopped him at the goal line to knock him out of the playoffs, but it was just a swarming 5-3 that did the trick.
MFCA member #31
Old 03-15-2008, 03:55 AM
Coach

It really depends on your opponent's set....I prefer to spread you out by almost always going single back and 3 wide receivers+1 tight end. If you can pass, the defense has to respect all those possible receivers. You only need a second or two to pass....and I really like to have my QB moving as well....rolling right or left. Facing that kind of offensive set, the "D" has to get pressure on the QB right now to stop me.....or cover each and every receiver (pretty tough to do).
So....the answer on what is a good goal line defense depends on your opponent's offensive set. I think it almost always boils down to a strong defensive line though. I would work hard to create at least one defender that can penetrate the middle....that will disrupt a lot of plays.....even with a mobile QB (if you guess right as to which direction he is going...and get good pressure from the ends too). I am leaning towards creating a nose tackle on a boat base to get that job done....as long as the league you are in allows a boat base, that is a good choice. Boat bases don't have to be strong to be effective....and the offensive line will almost have to use two blockers to stop him. If boats aren't allowed, then go for a base with a rounded front...but it will have to be strong and fast....maybe one of the new Proline rookies with the strong prongs and rounded front?
Old 03-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Spartan

Depends on the offense formation and the distance to the goal line. When do you go into your goal line defense? My goal line D may not show up until on the 5 or 10. Just remember the shorter field is your friend. The shorter the field, usually means harder to pass (especially with sticks).

Just some things to think about.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 PM
JIMBO

Default My Best Gl Defense...

...IS NOT LETTING THEM INSIDE MY 10 YARD LINE!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Spartan

I set myself up for that one!