Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2008, 02:30 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Altenative To Sticks "what Do You Think'

I RAN THIS BY A FEW COACHES AND THEY SEEM TO LIKE THE IDEA SO HEAR IT GOES. I think 'THE STICKS" are not liked by some because the measuring process is to slow which makes the game drag somewhat.

What if we took away the sticks and added the shake box with the 12 sided dice. COACH CALLS PASS "HAS 15 TO 20 SECS TO THROW'

1)BOARD STOPS (He has 5 seconds to pick an intended receiver, point to him saying his number)

2) he has 10 secs to shake the box and put the ball down. (ie; shakes box, if the 2 dice read a 7 and a 6, he can put the ball 13 yards anywhere on the field ahead of the intended receiver only and angle him to the ball. The defense gets 5 secs to angle only the db's or db's and lb's in the immediate vicinity. This will mimic the qb leading the intended receiver. If you visualize this happening in real time it moves very fast. same amount of time it takes to pass with the TDQ OR TTQB.

SO STOP BOARD, SURVEY FIELD, SHAKE BOX, PUT BALL DOWN, CUT BOARD ON. this will force the offense to make a very quick decision just like the pro qb's. You dont have time to tie your shoes and make a cup of coffee looking for a receiver
**** IF YOU DONT PICK A INTENDED RECEIVER IN 5 SECS YOU THREW IT INTO THE STANDS.

NOW IM JUST THROWING THIS OUT THERE, IF SOMEONE CAN LOOK AT THS AND PERFECT THE TIMING BETTER THAN I CAN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE JIMBO MOLD THIS INTO SOMETHING.

If you think using the sticks slows things up, should'nt this speed thing up.
Take into consideration there are coaches who have back and leg problems that can't hop up to there feet fast with a tdq or ttqb in hand. They can sit comfortably and know they have a passing option that won't slow things up for the other coach. Shake box, put ball down without leaving your feet. The only thing is you better have your count right in regards to yardage. Just focus on 10 yards then add or subtract. someone must determine what is underthrown and overthrown, (using 18yds or so as the furthest distance, if those dice come up 10 and 9, overthrown. 0 0 underthrown, 0 and a 1 the ball is a perfect pass that hit the receiver in the hand. I dont think anyone's receiver is going to miss the ball 1 yard away.

ps/ anywhere the amount of yardage on the field. If your receiver is in the middle of the field and you think he can win a track meet to either sideline to get the ball, put the ball over there. Remember, there going to be some db's in the vicinity so you must know that your wideout or running back is that kind of playmaker. "LETS CALL TOM BRADY AND ASK HIM HOW MUCH TIME HE HAD TO THROW IN THE SUPERBOWL!!! '

mantaray- dre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 04-10-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default i dont know about this one, but, what do i know anyway?

my only frustration with the sticks was my man not running to the ball when the initial jolt of the board surged when it was turned back on. weighted bases would help that with these big boards. OR, make the sticks just a little shorter in distance to the ball.
and for the dice, for all i read about practice, practice, practice, and what i am practicing in getting ready for the BAM, gosh darnnitt if my game fate will be decided over a dice roll! they have games for that in select areas, not in the football arena. This rolling of the dice to determine injuries and other things i dont care too much for either, but i can get with it. but any form of random luck on EVERY pass attempt? Well you can start the whole debate of 'is this a toy, a game, a hobby, a craft, etc....'.
but what do i know?
I know. Andre, i love your questions on the board. Thought provoking, debatable, discussion worthy questions. your mind works wonders in this department as i find these questions creative as well. Keep em coming.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default i hear ya Scott

That's funny, random luck on every pass attempt!!! I do like the dice for fumbles tho.

Nat'l
Old 04-10-2008, 07:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default .

i like it.

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 04-10-2008, 08:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I wouldn't be for anything that puts the results of the play squarely in the hands of lady luck

And I've never had a passing game in the past..

(I will this upcoming season though.. heh)
Old 04-10-2008, 08:34 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default What The Hell Does Random Luck Mean

THE DICE ARE JUST TO MEASURE THE DISTANCE OF THE PASS "SO YOU DONT HAVE TO USE COLORED STICKS"

SAME AS THE STICKS BUT MUCH QUICKER. I ran this by one of the greatest passers of all times uncle don smith and he likes the idea. Im going to call him and have him explain this to those who dont understand yet.

IF THERE IS SOMETHING PEOPLE DONT LIKE MORE PEOPLE MUST GET OFF THERE ********** AND TRY TO CREATE THINGS AND NOT JUST SHOW UP WITH A TEAM IN A BOX. THAT'S WHY I COMMEND GENO ON CREATING THE GREAT "tdq". go out and get yours.

I WOULD LIKE THOSE WHO DONT LIKE THE STICKS TO EXPLAIN EXACTLY HOW THEY HAVE HURT YOU IN THE PAST OR DO YOU THINK THEY MAY COST YOU A GAME. Remember, no matter how straight your receiver runs, somehow they seem to miss the ball alot during the game. it's harder than you think to have your receiver go and touch that ball. "A BASE CAN VEER LEFT OR RIGHT IN A SPLIT SECOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MANTARAYDRE
Old 04-10-2008, 09:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I appreciate the attempt Dre...

...at trying to improve the game. At least you are opening up the discussion.

I happen to like the sticks although I'm having the same issues as Scott. I think weighted bases could help. I'm getting my routine down to where it does not take long for ball placement. The use of sticks (and I imagine dice) is not a gimmie. I quickly learned how to adjust defensively to counter sticks and make for a more exciting and fair play for both sides of the ball. As with the sticks I think the dice should at least be open to discussion.

Don
Old 04-10-2008, 10:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I personally have never had an issue with sticks. Time to throw really comes down to the rules. If you enforce a timing as is done in the Shootout rules, I don't think sticks slow it much more then searching for my QB and ball. On the plus side, dice are simpler to have available then a set of sticks but I am with the other guys in regards to the luck issue.

SO, here is what I think.
Throwing with a QB has to be in the game. period.
However stop and pop the reciever takes some of the strategy out of the game for the defense. (this is why I like sticks because of what it adds to the defensive strategy)

So, how can we have a pass thrown quickly to a spot on the field (simulates a ball in the air) that the reciever and the defender have a chance at that does not involve the use of sticks.

How about removing some of the reality of ball in the air time and just simply say. Hit the reciever with the pass and place a ball marker two base lengths from reciever to the ball placement. First one in the halo (distance for halo to be determined but maybe 2 yards for example) of the ball or touches the ball for completion. Touch the ball you get to advance it. Just in the halo, down at that spot. This must be done within a certain time frame.

Simplicity and less equipment needs. QB is involved and defensive strategy is still employed.

Just some thoughts for a thought provoking post. Good discussion!

One last thought. The more I read about weighted bases and the stability of them on the field the more inclined I am to believe that this also important to attracting a new person. I wish their was a standard weight set that could be cilpped into any existing base. Something that would standardize the amount of weight that could be added in increments. A set of .5 gram weights. The more you add the heavier it gets but would limit the overall weight to how many could actually fit under the base.

Manufacturers could start producing bases with thicker tops is another possible way.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 04-10-2008, 10:38 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default In Case You Missed It

Behind the scenes I support whatever style of play imagined. In public, my feelings toward any style of play changes.

The non-hobbyist feels the same way about passing and kicking as they feel about the figures running. They believe that it is not possible to do. That disbelief can be changed by actually performing the task. If passing, kicking, and running is modified in any way, the non-hobbyist will continue to believe that the game can’t be played the way that it was intended. Actually throwing, kicking, and running must be established from the very start.

If modifying these tasks is a must, allow those modifications to apply to those who cannot perform in the traditional way. An example would be one coach is physically able to perform in all ways of the hobby, but the opponent coach isn’t. The coach who is physically unable will be allowed to use the sticks and/or dice. The coach who is able will use the TDQ-K/TTQB. In order for this concept to work, one be honest.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 04-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Tron1984

Default Under review.....

Tron is intreged!

On the east coast we like to try new ways of playing! It ends the boredom of that same old style. It provides an even playing field for the lame and produces an exceptable handicap for the magnificant! Let's see, a jail break occurs, Coach selects a receiver,shakes a twelve sided dice to determine the yardage of ball placement, place magnetic ball "X" numbers of yards out as shown on the dice, pivot receivers, DB,CB, LB Turn the board on and see what happens! Can other recivers be turned? Can Offense be turned to block? I like this! I'll see what the B-MORE fellas think and i'll push for acceptance. Let's see what happens! Hey it's only electric football what can it hurt? M-Drey good work ! Keep doing wht you do!