Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Biglock

Default Weight 3.2,4.0 or unlimited, which do u prefer?

Hey my EF/MF brethren
I have been blessed to be exposed to a few things in the hobby as far as figure weight goes, in the first brawl 3.2 was the rule I had fun getting in there and rumbling. When I went to Texas I was exposed to 4.0 and the advantages at playing at that weight, ive dabbled in Anthony Burgess's MPFL style when he first put the system together so I understand the advantages of playing at the unlimited weight, The most astonishing though was my man Bret Johnson my hometown brother who when playing with his good buddy Herb Smith use House Paint dipped players bulked up beyond belief, with bases that could push a Sherman Tank, the question guys is what weight works for you?
Old 05-09-2008, 08:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Well

I have been preparing for the BAM @4.0 and i love the consistency of the ride along the board by my guys. i havent noticed a change in strength of one base to another, speaking ofcourse, pound for pound. i havent found it difficult to get the weight up either. NOW, i have yet to actually play someone else at this weight, but so far, i like this much better than 3.2.
just my take.
i remember this question from the miggle board, so to quote my man Shabby J "Hold on to your hats, this is about to get good ".

ps- but i am glad BigLock that you posted this. it will be very interesting to see the public opinion this time around as oppossed to the miggle board debate, now that many more coaches have been exposed or experienced 4.0.

ENJOY YOUR MF FRIDAY FELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCOTT
Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 4.0

4.0 grams
Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Varied Weights

I prefer a range of weights because after I customize, my players vary in weight. I don’t shave or hollow out any of my players. I also do not add excessive coats of paint on my players. Whatever the weight of a particular player is after it is complete, that is the weight at which it will play. The heaviest player that I have is 4.0g. The lightest player is 3.0g.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 05-09-2008, 01:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

We play 3.5 in the M.O.M.F.L. , and are thinking of raising it to 4.0 for the next season.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I am leaning more and more toward 4.0 as a maximum weight for the simple reason that you can run the board at a higher speed and the men are more stable but I do believe that 3.3 has its place also. I would like to see national standards in place that would have leagues classified into different weigth catagories rather then being all over the board with weigths. Trains have HO, O, N scale. Boxers have different weight brackets. We should to. This is what I would recommend.

3.3 maximum and under
4.0 maximum and under
Unlimited

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 05-09-2008, 04:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

From playing with both 3.2 and 4.0 I really like them both. Until all tourney are under the 4.0 rule, you need to have both ready. Like I said, like them both but would rather it be 4.0.

Leonard

PS, Lock love the logo

Each One Teach One!
DSEFL
Old 05-09-2008, 07:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Talking 4.0

4.0 the players seem to run better
Old 05-09-2008, 08:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Weight

Even though I'm not in a league and have yet to play in a tournament I agree with Weirdwolf's idea. In youth football you have different weight classes as well. Guys , think about it . Good idea Weirdwolf !

Old 05-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Coach

I like 3.2