Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2008, 09:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Ripley's Believe it Or Not! Gene Upshaw!

Today I opened a new set of "Cake Toppers" (the really huge fab five figs that actually were not made by Tudor or Miggle) that were custom painted into the 1977 Raiders.

When I opened the bag only one player fell out onto the ground. It was GENE UPSHAW!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes! What are the odds? ? ? ? ? ?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default the glenn zone

youve entered another dimension.....THE GLENN ZONE
Old 10-29-2008, 11:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

they were made by a company who may or may not have had permission to use the figures, i heard once they recieved written ok so i guess they made a ton of them. you can still find them on ebay, and most cake and bakery shops can order them too. hobby stores usually have them in cake decorating section. they generally come with two goalposts too, around here, when you see them they only cost 3 or 4 bux. Wilton is the name of the makers.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:33 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default yeppers

Not only that, I've noticed almost all the time, these puppies are made with the AMBER PLASTIC! Oh yes, yes, yes!!! It just don't get any better than this! LOL!

Old 10-29-2008, 11:40 AM
MFCA MEMBER

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/pro...ABB9&killnav=1
Old 10-29-2008, 04:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thank you very much!

My bad...now, I have to admit, Yes, it DOES get better than this! Just did! That link is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to the max Newcastlehitmen!!!! I just ordered 10 sets o those bad boys right away! I'll keep ordering till they run out! LOL!

I owe you one big time Newcastlehitmen! You da man! Or the "men", whatever the case may be!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The Good Luck of Gene Upshaw

Now I have to admit, I never anticipated how Gene Upshaw would have an influence on my MF hobby! Just because he is the one who fell out of the bag, I now have some amber cake toppers on their way to me, thanks to New Castle Hitmen! I've wanted to get my hands on a supplier of those for years. This was truly a blessing in disguise! Maybe Mr. Upshaw is living vicariously through his "likeness" in that little football dude and having a positive and helpful influence on the hobby! It's a nice thought.

Anyway, pay attention to everything peeps! You never know what "small insignificant event" is going to end up having a major impact somewhere down the line! Take nothing for granted! Enjoy everything!

This one little "incident" may turn out to be the very catalyst that is needed to "reactivate" me in this hobby. I've stayed "connected" through the "umbilical cord" of the two main chatboards on this hobby, even though I have lacked the time to paint and play since December 2005!!! (I did sneak away recently for the Detroit Miggle Convention). But now those "tummy butterflies" are rumbling again and I can already sense that I may bust out the board and knock out a solitaire game this very weekend!

It turns out that no post is trivial! It's all good here! Who knows what can happen? This is quite amazing to me.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

glenn, if you really wanna have some fun, get some of the good base boilers to boil you a couple sets(22) of bases, over boiling makes the bases grow, even large enuff to put on the larger stands the caketoppers have, you could actually play games with those bigdudes.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Good news

Thanks Buddy! That is good news indeed because I was kicking that idea around. Needless to say, only a monster board would be the ticket to handle these gargantuans!

Wonder how a game between Cake Toppers and Miggle figs would turn out? LOL!