Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2008, 08:38 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Item Gallery/special issue ????

I would like to see the MFCA compile a gallery of items that are used in the game.

Sort of like a photo section of all the different types of standardized figures, then a section of those figures made into custom figures. Different types of boards. Different types of passing sticks. Different types of dice, ttqb's , footballs, sideline markers, field markers. A stadium section, not just FF.com or miggle/tudor but there are others.

It would be a pictorial archive for the ages of everything miniature has to offer. It could be a special tweak issue that has also the rules for every league and tournament that is associated with the MFCA.

I think it would be a great seller if we try to actually market our hobby/game/sport (works your back more then bowling ) and keep it alive long after we have gone. These items are in basements, storage areas, attics, and stow away closets all over the country and world.

How many would go for a pictionary history of miniature football ?

There are way too many out in the "just like a virgin" miniature football world who don't know real competition exists. They have to outnumber us thousands to one.
If excalabur sold over 40,000 games last year to JC Penny alone, there are Dad's all over the country trying to get their sons to enjoy what they had as kids.

Let's see 40,000 to MFCA members 187 is 214 to 1. How many went by the poorly marketed item and passed it by, tens of thousands. This is just J.C. Penny.

We could try to free market this book to church organizations, public service organizations like Coach Karim is involved in and maybe even the NFL, AFL, and NCAA. Remember these are only my alleged mind working after finding out it is Jimbo's birthday. Gosh, he seems like an ageless wonder when he plays. :-)

Dreaming about the game is often as much fun as playing.

Rock Solid
Old 10-31-2008, 10:21 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default PIctorial History

Great Idea!!!

I would definitely do anything I could do to help with it. Along with this I have been thinking of starting to work on a traveling museum exhibit to display at tournaments and conventions much like the exhibit of electric football that was at the Pro Football Hall of Fame several years back

I work for a museum and trade show exhibit company and have the necessary skills and experience to create something like this but it would be quite expensive. However, I know there are plenty of people involved in this organization that could help with an undertaking.

Got to go, will expand on this later.

Thanks
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 10-31-2008, 12:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

This is a cool idea!
Old 10-31-2008, 01:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I definetly want this to happen! It is going to take a very committed effort by a number of people to do. I had spoke to Chris Markum before about a similar idea and he at the time was interested in doing this also. This would be something that would go in the MFCA HOF archives.

How do we start? Who wants to take the bull by the horns? The MFCA will provide the web space and do the publishing. I would suggest taking one aspect of the hobby and complete it before we jump to the next.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-02-2008, 12:44 AM
TheTweakFreak

This is a project of monumental proportions. It would require a lot of serious dedication from seriously dedicated people. Those people must be able to work closely together for a long time. That long period of time would consist of many long term segments strung together to form a single component of the project. Again, a massive undertaking, to say the least.

All that said, I like the idea a lot. I would like to see it. But I think some serious thought needs to be put intro it BEFORE it gets rolling. You know, proper planning before executing the plan. It might also need to take a back seat until other pressing issues are resolved - those things already on the table along with anything else of priority.

This IS a very good idea!
-Mike Pratt
Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Coach sounds like you are thinking for the future of EF

...there must be a history of a past, to be appreciated in the present, to keep the history true for the future. There are so many new things i learn about EF each week, coleco, munroe, round bases who originaly made what? How? Why? Picture please......that would be excellent