Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2008, 12:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default QUESTIONS FOR ANT BURGESS

MINI INTERVIEW OF THE CREATOR OF THE MPFL "ANTHONY BURGESS"

MR. BURGESS

1) What was the defining moment when you realized traditional electric football was not for you anymore ?

2) Do you see yourself ever playing a traditional game ever again ?

3) It took seven years to develop the MPFL system, how did you approach the creation early on ?

4) When did you realize the beauty of directing players to do what you wan't them to do ?

5) has there ever been a coach who tried to use bruit strength in your system only to find out it does not work here ?

6)I view you more as a coach than ef player, is that the right assessment of you ?

7) I have heard many say, this style is the future. This style is the next level. Some are reluctant to try this system, but i can see NFL/COLLEGE coaches forming a league playing this style. Do you see this also ?

8) I hear you were a great player in traditional electic football. You been to the miggle finals and some. Why wasn't that satisfying enough on your miniature football resume ?

9) If there was one NFL coach you would like to match wits in your system, who would that be ?

10) What is the greatest play FROM SCRIMMAGE you ever accomplished playing in the MPFL ?

11) Carolina has the best running back tandem in the league right now, has Johnathan stewart been added to your roster ? Do you have special plans for them in 2009 ?

12) Is your steve smith a gamebreaker like he is in the NFL ? do you have special routes for him ?

13) how long are your daily practice session's and do you learn any new twist from your players performance ?

14) Who is the toughest coach you faced so far and why ?

15) Do you scheme differently for each coach according to who they are on the field and what package they bring ?

16) Your superbowl run may be challenged in 2009 with don smith and the minnesota vikings coming to town. Ifyou had to give your players a pep talk before the 2009 season, what would you say ?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, THIS INTERVIEW WILL INFORM THE PUBLIC ON YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE MPFL

THANK YOU FOR CREATING IT AND GIVING COACHES ANOTHER OPTION IN OUR HOBBY.

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 12-26-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
MINI INTERVIEW OF THE CREATOR OF THE MPFL "ANTHONY BURGESS"

MR. BURGESS

1) What was the defining moment when you realized traditional electric football was not for you anymore ? When the look and performance did not match that of actual football as far as the thought process and feelings of the game.

2) Do you see yourself ever playing a traditional game ever again ? No!!!! The traditional way the game is played offers me nothing! It is restrictive, very restrictive!

3) It took seven years to develop the MPFL system, how did you approach the creation early on ? Well, GOD guided me! I didn't not have a clue what to do, I just thought on everything I know and felt from the game. Wanted it to put you're mind back on the field. Then it hit me. Break down every thing in the game. The very first thing I did was the QB MUST drop back at the snap, just as it it done in real football. Then I was off and running.

4) When did you realize the beauty of directing players to do what you wan't them to do ? I reflected back on reality, " ME "! Thinking ! Understanding my responsibility on a givin play. Reading the defensiven formation, knowing and doing my job, but in order to achieve this with miniatures you needed to stop the board.

5) has there ever been a coach who tried to use bruit strength in your system only to find out it does not work here ? Yes, many times ! That is the beauty of the system. Bruit strength vs coaching. I lost to the Cowboys by 3 in my very first season under the ( PEFL ) Man he has a much better team then me, then I had to play him in the Super Bowl. He Was winning 8-3, then he missed a tackle and I scored, I hit my extra point how ever the goal post were leaning and it was call a miss, 8-9 I won my first Super Bowl over a coach who had a stronger faster team then me.

6)I view you more as a coach than ef player, is that the right assessment of you ? Yes, and thank you.

7) I have heard many say, this style is the future. This style is the next level. Some are reluctant to try this system, but i can see NFL/COLLEGE coaches forming a league playing this style. Do you see this also ? I do, and you have to understand that there will be some who will not like it and that is the current ones who play the other way, but new coaches and others love the system. If givin a choice between this and the other, this will win hands down.

8) I hear you were a great player in traditional electic football. You been to the miggle finals and some. Why wasn't that satisfying enough on your miniature football resume ? Because they were not playing football and truth be told they cared more about being popular then playing football.

9) If there was one NFL coach you would like to match wits in your system, who would that be ? I would say John Madden.

10) What is the greatest play FROM SCRIMMAGE you ever accomplished playing in the MPFL ? Man???I can think of 2. Week 4 last season @ the Texans 39-16 win. I went 7 of 8 passing for 196 and 4 TD's, Ran the ball 12 attempts for 108 and 1 TD. I sacked the QB 9 times. And in week 9 @ home vs the Texans in a 35-22 win. I went 5 of 5 passing for 76 yards and 1 TD, Ran fthe ball 12 attempts for 337 yards and 4 TD's, 2 INT, and 5 sacks. It is the team as a hole, not just one play

11) Carolina has the best running back tandem in the league right now, has Johnathan stewart been added to your roster ? Do you have special plans for them in 2009 ? No! I might add them later but right now ( I am the Carolina Running Back LOL !!!)

12) Is your steve smith a gamebreaker like he is in the NFL ? do you have special routes for him ? Yes and Yes!!!!!! But My TE#85 Walls and WR#87 Muhammad are just as effective.

13) how long are your daily practice session's and do you learn any new twist from your players performance ? I practice from 30 minutes to 8 hours. I am alway learning something new, that is why I keep preaching to the league member, Practice is the key.

14) Who is the toughest coach you faced so far and why ? I would have to say the Washington Redskins! ( Kevin Boddie )and the Dallas Cowboys ( Keefe Jackson ) they are my only 2 loses in 4 seasons.

15) Do you scheme differently for each coach according to who they are on the field and what package they bring ? Yes.

16) Your superbowl run may be challenged in 2009 with don smith and the minnesota vikings coming to town. If you had to give your players a pep talk before the 2009 season, what would you say ? Sacks !!!!! Play disciplined at all positions and the game will come to you. Play smart and do you're job!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, THIS INTERVIEW WILL INFORM THE PUBLIC ON YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE MPFL

THANK YOU FOR CREATING IT AND GIVING COACHES ANOTHER OPTION IN OUR HOBBY.

MANTARAYDRE
Thank you for taking the time to do this