Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2008, 11:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Timing on each stop

Hello Anthony, what is the time in actual secs counted for each stop? I know that you have a man running at the end of your board board which acts as the timer on the DVD. What does that distance equate in seconds per each stoppage? Thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 06:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Home Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgamer View Post
Hello Anthony, what is the time in actual secs counted for each stop? I know that you have a man running at the end of your board board which acts as the timer on the DVD. What does that distance equate in seconds per each stoppage? Thanks
Good question, the run time is a key to home field advantage. You want you're skill players to cover 8-12 yards when the field is on. What that exact time is I don't know, it depends on you're team performance.

Some run time example are 1.0 seconds, 1.5, 1.8, 1.15, 1.20 etc. The slower the board the longer the time, the faster the board the shorter the time. The run time should distinguish slow from fast, weak from strong players.

All of this equates to grass fields, artificial turf, and field turf.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Time of stops.

I think you have to adjust this type of play according to your equipment and people you have playing.To start with, a scale board is what is reccomended,but I would venture to say most folks do not have scaled boards.This would affect your stoppages right there.I think your time stoppages need to be worked out with a stop watch or a verbal count.A 1,2 count is about what it sounds like.A smaller board should be less running time after the switch goes off.I asked what people do to adjust the game for smaller boards and I got the answer of do not "Water it Down!"Which I translate as no answer.I guess I will have to figure it out,but there are alot of folks using stoppages in their style of play.Take care --STT
Old 12-29-2008, 07:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Town Tough View Post
I think you have to adjust this type of play according to your equipment and people you have playing.To start with, a scale board is what is reccomended,but I would venture to say most folks do not have scaled boards.This would affect your stoppages right there.I think your time stoppages need to be worked out with a stop watch or a verbal count.A 1,2 count is about what it sounds like.A smaller board should be less running time after the switch goes ( Not so it depends on that coach, it could be long or short ) off.I asked what people do to adjust the game for smaller boards and I got the answer of do not "Water it Down!"Which I translate as no answer.I guess I will have to figure it out,but there are alot of folks using stoppages in their style of play.Take care --STT

What coaches can do is not change the system due to the size of the board, but play it as is.

The system was built on a small board and then I got a scale size board later. The system will work, but it is THAT MUCH BETTER on a scale size board.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:49 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default timing question

Ant,

I wondered about this also. I may have missed this on the dvd if it is on there. If you measured the box that the timing runner is in, how many inches long is the box ? Also,

1) Is the size of the timier box the standard size for all in the MPFL ?

2) or do you make the box the size you wan't according to your home fiekl ?

I understand each field runs different in terms of faster or slower ? and that's fine !

But the key is the size of the timer box for all ?

Like i said, i may have missed the size on the dvd, but this is very important for all to know ?

Different size timer box's may confuse coaches on the timed stoppages !
Old 12-30-2008, 11:44 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Go with skill guys speed

One thing you may use is to see how much time it takes your skill guys to cover 8-12 yds and use that for your timer and just create that box w/ the figure and go from there.Slower bases or boards would have longer runs and vice/versa.AB talks of home field advantage and maybe that is what it is.Just my educated guess.Thanks STT

Last edited by Steel Town Tough : 12-30-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
Ant,

I wondered about this also. I may have missed this on the dvd if it is on there. If you measured the box that the timing runner is in, how many inches long is the box ? Also,

1) Is the size of the timier box the standard size for all in the MPFL ? That's up to you.

2) or do you make the box the size you wan't according to your home fiekl ?That's up to you.

I understand each field runs different in terms of faster or slower ? and that's fine !

But the key is the size of the timer box for all ? NO
Like i said, i may have missed the size on the dvd, but this is very important for all to know ?

Different size timer box's may confuse coaches on the timed stoppages !
The size of the box doesn't matter, what matters if how far the players on the field move. Skill players should cover 8-12 yards, depending on the speed of the field the timmer box may be short or long, just be sure it matches the players ability to cover the above yardage.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Town Tough View Post
One thing you may use is to see how much time it takes your skill guys to cover 8-12 yds and use that for your timer and just create that box w/ the figure and go from there.Slower bases or boards would have longer runs and vice/versa.AB talks of home field advantage and maybe that is what it is.Just my educated guess.Thanks STT
That is it in the nut shell!!!!

Some guys spend alot of time trying to make every one the same when in reality that is not going tobe fact. Your team should play it's best at home, and there should be a little drop off when you go on the road.

How well can YOU adjust to the conditions durring the game.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:49 PM
JIMBO

Default THAT'S THE ANSWER

Make YOUR box as long as it takes YOUR guy to run 8-12 yards on YOUR board. Oh wait, that means it's at least 8-12 yards long!?!